Saturday, April 11, 2020

01-04 is seventeen months later too late?

Visiting hours.

It wasn’t visiting hours. So when she showed up I told her “just wait here until 1130”
Only a 90 minute wait.
I just had gotten to the hospital. I didn’t know.

At 11am “we need a farsi translator in MEθ»

Good. She’ll visit her son. The doctor will explain all about the surgery he did last night.

“Can you tell her her son died a few minutes ago please?”

The translator tried making friends with her first. Salam. Khoobi.  After 39 seconds I said “Reza. You have to just say it that he’s dead”

She started slapping her face. Fell into the floor. Onto and into. Slapping. Hair pulling. Gagghhhhh.  That was the noise.

Here’s a Xanax.

Nope.

Let’s go see him.
Pull the sheet. Blood everywhere. A catheter bag full of clumps of blood. And blood everywhere. Legs. Face. Stomach.  No one cleaned him. I didn’t see him.  Barely.  I tried to focus on something I could recognize. Had I seen him around? He’s 15. But had I seen him?

Mama has to be quiet. There are three others in the one-room icu.

Screaming. “I’ll call the Afghan community leader to inform her husband”

We drove to Moria. When we got there she exploded out of my car screaming what had happened. More fights broke out. Four kids came to EODY. Went on lock down. Everyone wanted revenge.

Four more stabbings. Two to the hospital. One into surgery.  This one has no mum.

Why did we come here
Why did we come here
Why did we come here

Over and over and over in Farsi

He’s a martyr for the family. They’ll get transferred to the mainland.

To a closed camp.
Maybe they’ll die too.
She was sitting twenty feet away while he died.

It wasn’t visitinghours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01-04 is seventeen months later too late?

Visiting hours. It wasn’t visiting hours. So when she showed up I told her “just wait here until 1130” Only a 90 minute wait. I just had...